Archie Shares his Fitting Expertise with our Online Customers
Every day in the A Hume store, Archie is approached by customers who want to know how to choose clothes for fit and style but it’s a question he never tires of. Having been born and bred in the trade, this stuff is mother’s milk to him and he wears his enormous knowledge with a nonchalance that is characteristic of his good nature and sociability.
He is happy to spend all the time in the world making sure that customers select the brands, styles and fit that are right for them, he’ll explain exactly where the cuff should sit and suggest that customer’s make use of A Hume’s free alterations service if something is not quite right.
His, and by extension A Hume’s desire to get it right for every customer extends to our burgeoning online clientele. We want to make sure that all our customers have access to our wealth of experience, to benefit from the same level of customer service as our in-house shoppers.
With this in mind Archie has developed his top fitting tips for online shoppers:
- Be honest with yourself about sizing– don’t order a pair of trousers with a 32” waist, if you sat down to place that order wearing a pair of 34”.
- Get someone, a friend or family member, to take your measurements. The A Hume sizing guide indicates the critical measurements.
- If there are no obliging relatives to hand, use an existing garment as guide and again, refer to the A Hume sizing guide.
- Ask an expert, use our Chat Now button to consult with our experienced A Hume staff. We offer a live online advice service to all our clients. If you’re not sure about fit, ask us, we’re delighted to help. Uncertain of your chest, or collar size? Ask us. We have a wide selection of trousers available in short, long, or regular lengths – not sure which one is for you? Ask us. It takes no more than a minute to tap out your query and we will respond immediately.
- Make use of our free alterations service. If you know from experience that your Long Length 34” Gant Chinos always need an inch on the hem, tell us, we’ll ask our tailoresses Jacquie and Rosie to run them up and they’ll be with you in no time – fitting perfectly at no extra cost.