Courtesy of the in-house elves at the A Hume grotto.
If you’re feeling weak in the face of festive spirit, restore your faith with our list of reasons to love Christmas: straight from the mouths of our treasured staff in the hallowed, holly decked halls of A Hume itself.
1. Buying presents for pets. Nothing legitimises the dressing up of cats, dogs and family pets quite like Christmas. – James Abbott, Director of Things Nobody Understands.
2. The tree. It is completely nuts to cut down a tree, bring it indoors and cover it with decorations only to watch the cat trash it. But still I love it. – Herbie Wharton, Ladies Country Clobber Flogger.
3. Cheating at games. Winding up my mother in-law, eating lots of chocolate and enjoying a (or several), festive tipple(s) (hic). – Archie Hume, Director of Thinking He’s the Boss.
4. Mince pies. Seriously, one month is not enough to consume your entire body weight in minces but I’m giving it my best shot. – Julie Roxburgh-Lowrie, Country Sports Clobber Flogger.
5. Decorations and Fairy lights. I have yet to discover anything that doesn’t look magical covered in fairy lights. – Vanessa Murray, Buyer of Ladies Country Clobber and Going on Jollies.
6. Christmas Eve with the kids. Everything about it – listening for Santa’s sleigh, leaving out sherry for Santa and a carrot for Rudolph, being knackered and squabbling over who gets the sherry and who has to eat the carrot. Magical. – Lesley McCrindle, Country Clobber Flogger.
7. A glass of fizz. At no other time of the year is it acceptable to have fizz for breakfast. – Karen Hume, Director of Spreadsheets and Being Busy.
8. Turkey with ALL the trimmings. I am absolutely, definitely one of those people for whom Christmas would be ruined if even one of the trimmings is missing. (Just saying….no pressure). Rob Bacon, Chief Clobber Flogger, Horsemarket.
9. Family time. I really look forward to having everyone home for Christmas. Even when they laze around in front of the telly all day, raid the fridge and disappear out to meet friends just before I serve supper. – Judy Potts, Manager of Online Gibbering and Posting Pics.
10. When it’s Over. – Chris Pairman, Head Humbug. (Bet you’re Christmas tree looks like this! – see above.)
If you enjoyed this post please ‘like’ and ‘share’ it with your friends using the social buttons. Don’t forget to add your own reason for loving Christmas.