A slightly whimsical, tongue-in-cheek and entirely subjective look at the style preoccupations of 2015.
1. Tweed will continue to enjoy a moment in the sun as the yarn of choice for the high fashion crowd, the hipsters, anglophiles and country lovers the world over.
2. The trend for wearing winter coats on your face will continue until around May at which time most sensible chaps will dispense with their follicular foliage in favour of smooth faced summer skin.
3. Selling like hot cakes to country girls and horsey folk everywhere are 2015’s must have hot pants. Not literally hot pants like in the 70s but pants (aka leggings) that keep you cosy – fur lined leggings from Amazing Woman. Genius idea, why did nobody think of this before?
4. Feet are in for treat in Spring 2015 as elegant footwear designers Elia B step into the frame at A Hume. The long awaited range of ballerina flats and classic loafers are just the thing to encourage you out of your Dubarrys after a long dark winter.
5. We look forward to an expanded range of mens and ladieswear from bootmakers and Aussie outfitters RM Williams following a large investment from the luxury goods giant LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton. More of that classic bush styling we love.
6. Belts and braces. There continues to be a need for both belts and braces to avoid one’s trousers falling down – except among a section of the country’s youth who prefer the half-mast/scruffy pants on show look. Thankfully we have belts from Gant, RM Williams and Pampeano and Albert Thurston braces.
7. Grab bags grab headlines as handbag heroes Modula are welcomed to A Hume. How we have longed to swing our classically styled all-leather arm candy as re-imagined by the hottest bag designers in the business. 1st in line for the coveted Pippa!
8. Things begin to look a little swanky around the lower leg as more and more women cotton on to the fun loving, glamour of Fairfax and Favor’s Spanish Riding Boots.
9. Sailing towards summer the nautical looks of Smart Turnout’s London Watch will be a big hit. Looking very Brideshead and boat race at Henley with a linen jacket and classic brogues.
10. Speaking of classic brogues….make 2015 the year you invest in a pair of handsome handcrafted shoes from Loake that will last you a lifetime and certainly outlive any style predictions.
If you enjoyed this post please ‘like’ and ‘share’ using the social buttons.