Menswear Retail Sales Adviser – Full Time, Permanent Position
We have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, forward thinking experienced individual to join our busy Menswear team at our award winning shop in the busy market town of Kelso.
To consistently deliver excellent customer service, ensure excellent standards are maintained at all times and be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
Core Job Duties
- Greeting customers who enter the shop and answering any queries they might have
- Assist customer to find the goods and products they are looking for
- Acknowledge and establish rapport with potential and actual customers
- Be involved in stock control and management.
- Receiving and allocating daily deliveries from suppliers
- Being responsible for processing cash and card payments and daily cashing up.
- Using the stock management system to ensure that retail areas are replenished as and when required
- Dealing with queries from customers and fulfilling their requests
- Giving advice and guidance on product selection to customers.
- Working within established guidelines, particularly with brands.
- Ensure all shop floor standards are maintained to the highest level. Including keeping the shop tidy and clean
- Keeping up to date with special promotions and merchandising retail areas
- Helping come up with new ideas for instore, new brands and display areas
- Demonstrate flexibility when required within the role and provide holiday and/or sickness cover.
- Able to attend external events, working offsite as required
- Assisting and measuring customers to help them achieve their bespoke outfit via our Made to Measure & Personal Tailoring service (Full training to be given)
Skills and Interests
- Enjoy working with the public
- Retail sales experience (preferable)
- Exceptional communication and 'people' skills
- Desire to provide excellent customer service and a great personal shopping experience
- The ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations
- Confidence, drive and enthusiasm
- Be ready and able to work within a team
- Have a polite, helpful manner
- Be confident and assertive
- Proficient with Microsoft office – Word/Excel/Outlook
- Clean driving licence
- An interest in the ‘Country way of Life’
- Competitive salary
- Working for a busy, family owned and independently run, award winning company
Hours: Minimum 40 hours per week contract based for 5 days including Saturdays
Start Date: April/May 2020 Salary: Competitive
To apply for this position, please forward your CV with a covering letter, stating why you are the right person for this vacancy to Chris Whitlock at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications – Friday 13th March 2020