Menswear Retail Sales Adviser – Full Time, Permanent Position
We have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, experienced individual to join our Menswear team in Kelso.
To consistently deliver excellent customer service, ensure excellent standards are maintained at all times and be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
Core Job Duties:
- Greeting customers who enter the shop and answering any queries they might have
- Assist shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for
- Acknowledge and establish rapport with potential and actual customers
- Involvement in stock control management.
- Responsibility for processing cash and card payments.
- Stocking shelves with merchandise and undertaking stock takes as directed.
- Answering queries from customers.
- Giving advice and guidance on product selection to customers.
- Keeping the store tidy and clean, this includes hoovering and mopping.
- Working within established guidelines, particularly with brands.
- Ensuring all shop floor standards are maintained to the highest level
- Receiving and storing the delivery of large amounts of stock
- Keeping up to date with special promotions and putting up displays.
- Demonstrating flexibility when required within the role
- Able to attend external events working offsite as required
Skills and Interests
- Enjoy working with the public
- Retail sales experience
- Exceptional communication and 'people' skills
- Desire to provide excellent customer service and a great personal shopping experience
- The ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations
- Confidence, drive and enthusiasm
- Be ready and able to work within a team
- Have a polite, helpful manner
- Proficient with Microsoft office – Word/Excel/Outlook
- Clean driving licence
Hours: Minimum 40 hours per week contract based for 5 days including Saturdays
Start Date: September 2019 Salary: Competitive
To apply for this position, please forward your CV with a covering letter, stating why you are the right person for this vacancy to Karen Hume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications – Friday 16th August 2019